Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

Journeyman

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Journeyman   Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:07 pm

Time travel without a TARDIS?! When I first heard of this show I thought it was an attempt to ride the good Doctor's coat tails and try to revamp Quantum Leap all at once. I watched the first episode when it aired and really liked it. I watched the 2nd in hopes of learning how he was travelling only to want to watch the next and the next. I've seen all thirteen, and have been roving the net since the strike ended to learn it's fate and in hopes of the back nine being delivered. Neither are happening. Instead NBC has put the show in limbo and will not being going for more eps or a 2nd season.

So why bring up a show that's cancelled? For your help. There is a movement under way to save the Journeyman and I'm appealing to my fellow posters to help out. Everything you need to know is at the link below. Intelligent television is about to end on NBC, please help keep it going.

http://savejourneyman.net/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Journeyman   Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:45 pm

I can't honestly say anything good or bad about this show having never watched it. From the commercials it just seemed like a variation on Quantam Leap?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Journeyman   Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:48 pm

I pretty much watched the entire show and it did improve towards the end. If they had continued after the last episode, there may have been a different feel to it as to show since Dan accepted what he became (a traveler). While it may have taken a cue from Quantum Leap, it was different. I for one am sad that the network didn't give it a chance to find an audience possibly in another timeslot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Journeyman   Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Sad news is here. The efforts were not fruitful to bring back the Journeyman. Kevin Falls, the guy behind the show, has signed a development deal for a different project and NBC and FOX (production) have washed their hands of it. All that is left now is to wait for the DVD. At least they managed to arc it and make it able to stand alone with only one season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journeyman   Today at 11:26 am

Back to top Go down

Journeyman
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: